Thursday, April 23, 2015

Out of Topic Series: 7 Days After Migrating from Windows to Xubuntu (Linux)

Well, it's gonna be overly out of topic post, but i think i wanna share my experience since i lost my pre-installed Windows 8.1 from my Lenovo G40-30 which i used to perform or make a podcast from Mixmeister Fusion that only can be installed on Windows or Mac.

So, maybe you wonder why i migrating to Xubuntu?
First Windows 8.1 is suck, i even have to wait to right click shell? wtf. Then, what purpose i have for using Windows? I think Windows is the best OS for gaming, but my laptop system is very low-end spec.
So why Xubuntu? Xubuntu is the lightest and the fastest Ubuntu branch i ever tought, and the easiest Ubuntu desktop branch (in my perception)

How's the desktop appearence?


The desktop is fine, nice GUI and looks, sleek and good for a Collegers like me.

But what the think that i miss from Windows is the Microsoft Office, and my Mixmeister Fusion, especially PowerPoint. PowerPoint has the most beautiful layout and animation transition, compare with LibreOffice...

Although LibreOffice is the most stable and fastest suite i ever try, but the presentation design look old and fugly..  Come on guys (LibreOffice Developer) you could make it better with the design...

Bottom Line:
Xubuntu is a perfect OS for daily use to Collegers like me, but have to supported with other Software developer, especially the office suite, cause we often use office to do a lot of works. Maybe DJ Software Developer have to expand their software to support Linux too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment